Happy bank holiday! I was at work today and yesterday, something made far more grossly unfair by the fact that A Man was off work and I would have preferred to have spent time with him than with members of the public. *sigh*
He cooked my tea yesterday (toad in the hole) and tonight (roast chicken as below). A summery way to cook, in order to try and ignore the crappy weather outside. Feeling full up and content now.
Garlic Lemon Chicken
Garlic cloves, sliced
Lemon sauce as for Prawny Thing
Potatoes, Carrots and Courgette
- Mix the sliced garlic with the softened butter and lots of salt and dried herbs of your choice. Separate the skin from the chicken and spread the butter underneath it, ensuring the breasts are well coated. Place the lime in the cavity of the chicken. Roast for around an hour and a half in a medium-hot oven.
- Scrub the veg as necessary. Cut the potatoes into 2-4 pieces, depending on size. Parboil for 5-10 minutes, then roast with the chicken for an hour.
- Top and tail the carrots and slice lengthways. Roast with the chicken and potatoes for around 50 minutes.
- Chop the courgette into chunks. Roast for around 30-40 minutes.
- Make up the lemon sauce as per the instructions for Prawny Thing and serve poured over the chicken and veg. Lovely!