I’ve been experimenting again! Again using my gorgeous new casserole. I’m not entirely sure where this idea came from beyond the thought process of: these are the things I have in the fridge; I haven’t had pasta for a few days; let’s try that. It worked out really well, and I made just enough to have leftovers for a yummy pasta salad for my lunch later in the week. Win!
I’ve not gone crazy with the photos tonight. Lucky you!
Fusilli con Pollo
1 chicken leg per person
2 cloves garlic
Small amount of Chicken stock (I used a few home-made concentrated stock cubes which I had frozen in an ice cube tray)
Half a lemon
Salt and pepper
Teaspoon of sugar
- Procure some chicken legs. Ours came from the whole chicken A Man attacked with his cleaver the other day.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Brown the chicken legs and remove from the pan. Turn the heat down to low.
- Dice the onion and finely chop the garlic. Fry for a few minutes. Slice the mushrooms, pepper and cavolo nero stalks and add to the pan. Chop the cavolo nero leaves and set aside. Cook for several minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Chop the tomatoes and add to the pan with the cavolo nero leaves. Add the stock and lemon juice and stir well. Make wells for the chicken legs and replace in the pan. Cover the pan and cook for at least half an hour or until the chicken is cooked.
- Cook the pasta until it is al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, stir through some fennel seeds, salt and pepper and a teaspoon of sugar. Add the pasta and stir well. Replace the chicken in the pan and cover until required.